If a client is a veteran they may be eligible for home care benefits from the VA!
AllCare Advanced Home Care can assist our clients in applying for home care benefits from the Veterans Administration. The VA has a program that will reimburse veterans and surviving spouses, with limitations, for certain home care based on qualification criteria including:
- The veteran must have served 1 day during an active war and had no less than a 90-day service.
- The veteran's surviving spouse must still have been married to the veteran when they passed.
- The veteran must have a doctor's order stating the need for an aid and attendance of another person daily.
- The veteran must have less then $80K in checking and savings and even less if you are applying as a single (not including your home or vehicles). If you have IRAs and CDs they are included as income.
- The veteran must have received an honorable discharge or general discharge.
- The veteran may not qualify if you are on state assistance (Medicaid or another subsidized program due to your low income).
The AllCare Advanced Home Care consultant will discuss the VA benefit in more detail during the assessment interview. Please contact us today and learn more about this helpful program!